SaskOrganics is a farmer led membership non-profit organization. We serve all certified organic entities throughout the value chain in Saskatchewan by advocating for a sustainable and thriving organic Community through leadership in research, market development and communications.
- Represents and assists in the development of organic agriculture
- Provides professional development and technical assistance to certified organic farmers, processors and consumer of certified organic products.
- Promotes the expansion of markets and the improvement of trade relations locally, provincially, nationally and internationally
- Participates in the maintenance of Canada’s national organic standard (Canada Organic Regime).
Cultivating a healthier world for the benefit of all through organic food and agriculture.
To advocate for a sustainable and thriving organic community through leadership in research, market development and communications.
In Saskatchewan there are:
- 842 certified organic primary producers
- 28 certified organic livestock producers
- 89 certified organic processors
The total certified organic acres in Saskatchewan are
Field crops 500,000
Fruit & Vegetables 700
Wild Rice 11,700
Total Acres 873,400