- This event has passed.
Compost & Company Field Day: Leross, SK
August 10 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join TCO Chapter 4 & SaskOrganics for a field day at E3 Organics/Eskdale Acres farm, in Leross Saskatchewan!
Tours will consist of a compost and compost tea operation, field tours of organic oats with several replicated trials testing compost extracts, organic fertilizers, clover and alfalfa underseeding and more. Learn about the family’s cleaning plant, Eskdale Seeds, and enjoy a home cooked lunch by the host family. Option to ride the charter bus from Regina or drive yourself. Bus riders will have the added bonus of an onboard agronomic presentation from Dr. Dunling Wang.
*While the organizers will do their best to deliver the program as advertised, itinerary is approximate and subject to change.
*Start and End times vary depending on whether you are riding the bus or driving yourself. If driving yourself, registration is between 9:30am and 10:00am, and tours end at 4:30pm.
- 7:45am: Registration and Bus Boarding, Victoria Square Mall in front of Sportcheck, Regina SK (For those who purchase bus tickets. Vehicles can be left in the parking lot for the day)
- 8:00am: Bus leaves for Leross
- Between 8:00am and 9:30am (bus riders): Phosphorus management in organic systems talk, with Dr. Dunling Wang, Provincial Specialist in Alternative Cropping Systems with the SK Ministry of Agriculture
- 9:30am: Bus arrives at E3 Organics/Eskdale Acres Farm in Leross, Saskatchewan.
- 9:30am-10:00am: Registration (for attendees that drive themselves), and refreshments and networking
- 10:00am: Tours Begin: Tour of compost operation and systems
- 12:00pm: Lunch-Homecooked meal provided by the Heggie Family: Pulled Beef on a bun, noodle salad, potato salad, potatoes with dill cream sauce, coffee and juice. If you have dietary restrictions, there will be a spot to note that when you register. The hosts will do their best to accommodate.
- 1:00pm-1:20pm: Drive to fields (9miles).
- 1:20pm: Field tours of oats including several replicated trials testing compost extracts, organic fertilizers, clover, alfalfa underseeded etc.
- 3:40pm: Depart fields for main farm yard.
- 4:00pm: Cleaning plant discussion and tour
- 4:30pm: Field Day ends, bus departs for Regina.
- 6:00pm: Bus arrives back at Victoria Square Mall
Things to pack
- RAIN GEAR! (Rain is in the forecast for the 10th)
- Reusable water bottle (there will be a water refill station)
- Hat, Sunscreen, bugspray, wear appropriate footwear for field walks
Registration Closed August 9th at Midnight.
*Both tickets include lunch. Price is subject to GST and eventbrite fees.
- General admission plus Bus pass: $50/person (Bus tickets available are limited to the capacity of the bus).
- General admission: $35/person (Registrant drives themselves. Use Google Map pin to get you there)
See Sponsor Websites:
Contingency plan and cancellation: In the event of extreme weather or force majeure, the hosts reserve the right to either change or cancel the event at any time. Any changes or cancellation will be communicated as soon as possible to all registrants.