Come join us for a fun afternoon and learn from:
- Dr. Jennifer Mitchell Fetch – Importance of breeding cultivars under organic conditions
- Terry Tyson, Grain Millers – Update on organic oat breeding
- Garry Johnson – Organic, Gluten Free Farming & Oravena Oat Field walk
- Marla Carlson – SaskOrganics Update
The event is open to everyone – organic, transitioning and conventional farmers, consumers interested in learning more about local food production.
To find out more contact Marla Carlson
Phone/Text: 306-535-3456 email: email@example.com
Directions from Swift Current:
- from TransCanada Hwy West take the HWY 32 north towards Cabri/Leader
- turn left (west) on to HWY 332 (towards Hazelet), travel 1km.
- Go across the tracks and turn right (north) into the village of Cantuar.
11.30am – Registration
12noon – 1pm – Lunch
1pm – Welcome and Introductions – Garry Johnson
1.15pm – Terry Tyson – Update on Organic oat breeding – why Grain Millers is committed to developing varieties under organic conditions
1.45pm – Dr. Jennifer Mitchell Fetch – Why it is important to breed varieties under organic conditions
2.15pm – Garry Johnson – Organic Gluten Free Farming & Growing Oravena Oats (setting us up for the field walk)
2.45pm – Marla – SaskOrganics update