- Wecker Farm, Sedley – learn about the on farm research trial comparing an Einbock Chopstar inter-row cultivator and an Einbock Aerostar rotation harrow to evaluate the level of weed control against a control plot.
- Liebel Farm, Balgonie – CurseBuster demonstration. The Cursebuster is a true tandem soil aerator that has a full length frame with sets of tines front and rear on rollers that can be adjusted to half a degree.
- Will Oddie, Keewatin Farm – In the past few years they have tried intercropping, cover crops and now, a couple of two-year ADOPT- funded projects – one comparing thistle management techniques and the second, the livestock impact.
- Kevin Elmy. Kevin and his family operate Friendly Acres Seed Farm which is a source of specialized cover crop seed. As well, Kevin as an agronomist and crop cover practitioner is a strong source of information on cover crop practices.
- Ed Sagan will be demonstrating the Sosnowski Grain Cleaner a simple but effective cleaning machine with almost no moving parts, cleaning with air and centrifugal force. Ed challenges Field Day participants to bring a 20L pail of their dirtiest grain so demonstrate the effectiveness of the Sosnowski cleaner
Registration: Early Bird $50/person before 18th July, $60/person after the 18th July 2017 (includes lunch, BBQ supper and refreshments).
To register or for more information contact Marla Carlson 306-535-3456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download a poster here.