Organic Farming on the Prairies, 2nd Edition
Organic Farming on the Prairies contains new information and presents an expanded vision of the rapidly-growing organic industry.
From chickens to cherries and from row covers to inter-row cultivators, there’s something for everyone, from wannabe to newbie to experienced farmer!
Written by experts in these areas, the manual
- is grounded in organic principles with practical advice for producers of field crops, vegetables, fruit and livestock.
- has expanded marketing emphasis.
- includes information on the fundamentals of soil science, weed, pest and disease management.
- includes extensive resource lists.
- includes twenty-four lively profiles of growers and producers, who tell their stories and share their first-hand experiences.
- melds the latest scientific research and farm level innovation.
You can purchase the manual by sending a cheque to SaskOrganics for $50.00 (this includes $10.00 for postage) or by using a credit card and the buy now button below.
Supplementary material is now online for the New 2nd edition of Organic Farming on the Prairies
The Western Canadian Organic Business Directory is a partnership between Organic Alberta, Saskatchewan Organic Directorate (SOD), Manitoba Organic Alliance (MOA) & Certified Organic Association of British Columbia (COABC). The directory lists all companies that provide services or processed products to businesses in the organic sector. From the producer to the retailer, the directory connects the Western Canadian organic sector.